Overview of NACCO
NACCO Industries, Inc. is an operating holding company with subsidiaries in the following principal industries: mining, small appliances and specialty retail.
In 2012, total revenues were $873.4 million and net income was $108.7 million. Included in the 2012 net income is $66.5 million of income from discontinued operations associated with the company's materials handling business, which was spun off on September 28, 2012 as an independent public company, Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc.
NACCO is a publicly traded company
listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol
NACCO’s overall strategy is to increase
shareholder value through key initiatives designed to increase each subsidiary's revenue and market share and
achieve long-term profit growth
- These initiatives are expected to drive each subsidiary
company to achieve or maintain its financial goals
NACCO’s long-term perspective is reflected
in four guiding principles:
- Ensure highly professional management teams;
- Attain industry-leading operational effectiveness and
- Build industry-leading market positions; and
- Create sustainable competitive advantage positions
For a NACCO organizational chart, click the image below.